Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Everything Happens​ for a Reasons.

I was watching On Air with AIB where they were talking about their first jobs and how they ended up being where ever they are now. At some point they started connecting dots from their past and I thought why don't I do the same. The first question that came to my mind was how did I start writing? Many people ask me what inspired me to write and most of the time I'm clueless at what to say. So I thought why not rewind a little to when I first thought of writing. In retrospect​ what inspired me to write was reading books, I used to read comics and fairy tales and other books in my childhood. Even in my high-school I used to somehow manage to get some odd book to read so my friend lent me three (3 or 5 I don't remember properly) books that she had won in some competion. We were 4 friends including me.
So the first proper novel I read was Robinson Crusoe and I loved it for I even fantasized about living alone on an isolated island, that was when I was in 9th standard after that I read Uncle Tom's Cabin and then Julius Caesar.
Then in my 10th standard there was some kind of books exhibition held by my school. I fought with my parents to give me money so that I can buy some books. I bought two books in that exhibition. My another friend this time forced me to buy a book that gave the inspiration to start writing, it was a book by Chetan Bhagat called 2 States. Now story didn't actually have any influence on my making a decision to start writing, it was a situation where the hero of the story admits to the heroine that he wants to be a writer in future and the various other situations of the hero's life related to mine. One line in particular caught my attention and inspired me a lot, it was the line that the hero says "Someone who tells stories that are fun but bring about change too. The pen is mighter than the sword......." That was the first time I ever thought of writing. I became a huge Chetan Bhagat fan from then on.

After my high-school I choose a college which my parents didn't want me to go to but God was on my side and I had made the right decision. The college had a huge library that fed my hunger for books. I read so many of them that the librarian used to give me an extension to return the books for she was so happy that someone atleast showed interest in her well maintained library.
When I told mom about my plans to write a story when I was in my second year PU she asked me to try poetry. I did that and wrote dozens of poems, some of which were published in the college magazine and I also won second prize in poetry writing that year.
Later the same year I started writing a  story of my fun high school days but after 50 pages it was crap (it was the first time I had tried writing a full fledged story) so I dropped the idea. By this time Durjoy Datta, Nikitha Singh, Jeffrey Archer, Robin Sharma etc had entered my life.
In my first year degree the same friend who had forced me to buy 2 States suggested that I try blogging, I knew about blogs by then but didn't have confidence to try them but after my chat with her I started a blog.(but this is not that first blog) Thanks to my friends in degree who read what I wrote.
My dearest phone helped me a lot too for I read almost all the books on my phone. That is when I discovered Wattpad and after contemplating for a week (at this time I was reading a book by Durjoy Datta) I started writing my story on Wattpad, it is actually based on that novel of Mr Datta but only the first 2 chapters. Well, after that I started this blog.
So when I connect the dots I can say that if hadn't choosen that college or if my friend hadn't lent me Robinson Crusoe (thanks Hima) if I hadn't won that poetry competition or known how to download books on my phone or if I hadn't discovered Wattpad and blog's, but mainly if I hadn't read 2 States (thanks Deek for helping me choose that book and helping me making up my mind to start a blog) I don't think I would have​ ever thought about writing. I think I've given credits where they are required. I know I'm not a popularly successful writer but I don't why I felt like connecting these dots (thanks AIB for that video) and as I've said before that no one actually listen to what I say, let alone hear to all this that I've written now. Thanks Chetan Bhagat for writing that book.
From all this I've written now I discovered answer to one question which was from where I got inspiration to write or how I started writing?  It seems as if I've written some award acceptance speech, so touché :-) :-) but it was in a sudden moment that I decided to write.
I think it's ture that, Everything happens for a reason. I truly believe in it.

So now if you guys are wondering about the story on Wattpad, that I told you about it's called 'Once You Fall in Love' link below.
P.s: Veens thanks for being there for me always.

"Once You Fall In Love..........." by Vaishnavi1213 on Wattpad
http://my.w.tt/UiNb/wzyCMERSPB
Please do check it out. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment